- Fresh lemon juice – 1 cup
- Filtered water – 4 1/2 cups
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Fresh ginger – 2 inch, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- Whole cloves – 5
- Cardamom pods – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- In a medium saucepan combine lemon juice, half of the water, honey, ginger and spices. Bring to a simmer, stir until honey is dissolved, and remove from heat.
- Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Add the remaining water.
- Refrigerate until chilled through. Serve over ice! Enjoy!