For Chicken Marination:
- Take the washed chicken in a dish and add salt (as per taste), Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp and lemon juice. Mix well, so that all pieces are well coated. Cover and let it marinate for an hour at least.
- After 1 hour, squeeze the chicken and remove the mix as this will help to remove the excess water from chicken.
- Now we will marinate the chicken again. In a pan add oil – 2 tbsp, kashmiri lal mirch powder – 2 tsp and give it a good mix. Then add the hung curd, turmeric powder and salt. Add the chicken pieces, cover and let it marinate for another hour.
While the chicken is being marinated, we will prepare the curry base.
- On medium -high flame, add the onions, tomatoes, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, bayleaf, black pepper, kashmiri lal mirch – 1 tsp and water (about 250ml).
- Mix and cook well until the tomatoes become soft. Turn the flame off once you see everything has boiled well. Remove from gas and let it cool.
- Once its cooled, grind the above mix finely and strain through a fine mesh strainer. This step will make the gravy creamy clear.
- Heat a pan on medium flame, add the butter (200 gm), green chillies, sugar, salt and the gravy base. Let it come to a boil and add kasuri methi. Turn off the heat and cover.
- Grill the chicken (OTG/micro/air fryer or on a pan on the stove).
- Add this to the prepared gravy base, cover and let it come to a boil (takes about 15 – 20 minutes).
- Once done, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a little butter cube, fresh cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti, rice, naan or paratha.